Thursday 2 June 2016

Why Shows Like Bethenny Have Got To Die

(This was meant to be posted while the show was still on, but I forgot. Needless to say, still important. imma keep talking).

It all started while I was watching one of the kings of late night TV-Jimmy Fallon-spit out comedy gold throughout his brilliant show.

I came to a realisation- why are there no shows hosted by women like this?

Well there is one! Special shout out to Ellen DeGeneres for being the only one (I have discovered so far) to be killing it as a female light entertainment host.

Unfortunately, there's not enough of her. WHYYY????

Instead we are showered with the most pathetic daytime shows in the world (except for you Rachy Ray. You go girl. Protect yourself from the Beyhive).

Here's what I can not stand about the daytime talkshows (otherwise known as the crappiest and most sexist advice shows to exist) being circulated:

For the purpose of this discussion, I have used one show only (I'm not sitting through another one).
This show was called Bethenny or something

This is Bethenny and her brightly coloured studio
  1. They have advice panel things and the guys on these panels are the biggest douches in the world. I mean it's simple. They don't want a girlfriend. They want a side effect of tanning lotion in human form. It's pathetic. These shows glorify women who pluck and prune every inch of their body for the sake of a male's attention. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with trying to impress a guy or vice versa, but we shouldn't be creating an stigmatic ideology that this is all that matters in life.
    Plus: none of the douches they may bring on have degrees or are trained in any way to give out such ridiculous advice. Do not trust anything they say!! 
  2. The topics are so shallow. 'Should I shave or wax down there?' Is this really the discussion topic for the rest of this show's hour? Why is this a big deal?-I'll explain it in me next point.
  3. A women can do whatever she wants with her body-no judgement deserved. 
    Lets look at the shave or wax segment of the show in which Bethenny can not believe a woman in the audience has never waxed down there before. I get her reaction is meant to be comedic but WHO CARES! A women can do whatever she wants to her body-she's not harming anyone or herself by not waxing down there, so why should you care?
  4. And I'm sure there's more but I ain't sitting through another one of those stupid segments/shows
    Bek signing out. No more. Please. No more. 
If you want to sit through the video- don't Here it is:
I felt so uncomfortable-through the whole thing


And I didn't even watch the one below because no.



Like before you start going: Oh its great to discuss these things-yeah sure. Maybe it's alright. But men don't have this stuff. How many daytime shows do you see hosted by Anderson Cooper or James Corden discuss crap like this? None. Because there's more important things to care about/funnier things in the world. 

So this is what I love about Jimmy Fallon and Ellen DeGeneres: 
They're not going to bring out a line of guys or girls to critique everything they like and don't like in the opposite gender in order to improve them. It's so superficial. No these guys are just going to have fun and run around dancing with the audience. They don't care about stereotypes or so called 'self help' (unless they are mocking these segments)

I conclude with this: Thank goodness that show is not on TV anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment